close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Public Works

The Maintenance department is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the Town's streets, buildings, and grounds.  Key staff members include the Maintenance Supervisor Mike Haber and Maintenance Assistant Rich Schreiber.  Both may be reached by contacting Town Hall at 252-637-9810.

Please report any maintenance issues that you see in Town to the Maintenance Department.
If street lights are out, please obtain the number off the electric pole, and call Town Hall.
If you notice a crack in the sidewalk or a pot hole on the road, please report it to Town Hall.

Water and sewer is handled by the City of New Bern. They can be contacted during normal business hours at 252-636-4056 or on the 24 hour phone line at 252-639-7541.

Electricity is provided by the City of New Bern and Duke Energy.
    City of New Bern Electric – 252-639-2750 or 252-639-2837 24 hour phone line
    Duke Energy - 800-777-9898 or 800-419-6356 for power outages

Natural Gas is provided by Piedmont Gas and can be reached at 800-751-7504.

There are 2 internet providers in the Town.
    MetroNet – 877-407-3224
    Optimum – 866-950-3278

Trash and Recycling pickup is provided by GFL Environmental.  They can be reached at 252-638-1366.  GFL will send a schedule out annually.  Town of Trent Woods is YELLOW on the schedule. Trash stickers are sold at Town Hall and various locations in New Bern. 1 sticker is good for a bag or container no larger than 33 gallons not to exceed 50 lbs. Use 2 stickers for a 34-64 gallon container not to exceed 100 lbs. Use 3 stickers for a 65-90 gallon container not to exceed 150 lbs.  All refuse must be placed at the curb by 7:00 AM. If you are unable to carry your trash can to the curb for pickup, a medical letter can be emailed to Mailene Holler at for special arrangements.  The schedule may vary with holidays. 

The Town does not provide leaf and limb pickup. 
Yard debris may be burned on Tuesdays and Thursdays, the first full weekend of the month and the third weekend of the month.
Burning times are 8 am until 10 pm.
No fire may be started or increased after 6 pm, and all embers must be extinguished by 10 pm.
No burning is allowed in ditches.
There are Convenience Centers located in Craven County that accept waste and yard debris. More information can be found

Ditches and driveway culverts are to be maintained by the homeowner. 

Any drainage or storm water questions may be directed to Mike Haber at 252-637-9810.