close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

I Want to Know

Please check the "Frequently Asked Questions" for assistance or contact Town Hall at 252-637-9810.

Simply click on the question below, and you will be taken to the answer.


Trent Woods Town Hall
898 Chelsea Road
Trent Woods,  NC,  USA  28560
Phone: 252-637-9810
Fax: 252-637-0280
Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm, except for Federal holidays and weather emergencies.
The polling place for registered voters that  reside in Trent Woods is at Morris Hall on the campus of Garber Methodist Church located at 4201 Country Club Road.

For more information please contact Craven County Elections.
The Town does not provide a service that removes leaf and limb debris for Trent Woods residents.  The Town does however allow Town residents to burn yard debris  on Tuesdays, Thursdays and the first full weekend (Saturday & Sunday) and the third weekend of each month  from 8 am to 6 pm.  Burning in ditches and streets right-of-way is prohibited. 

You can view the Town's complete ordinance on Burning under "Ordinances." If you have any questions, please contact the Town Hall at 252-637-9810.
To register your golf cart for on-road use, call the Trent Woods Police Department at 252-637-3030 and schedule an inspection. You must provide proof of insurance. The fee is $25.00 for the calendar year.
lab_WebBy ordinance, the Town of Trent Woods requires that all residents register their cats and dogs, even if they are indoor animals, with the Town within 30 days of moving to Trent Woods.  You must provide proof of rabies vaccination, the rabies tag number, the date of the vaccination and the date the vaccination expires. Cost to register your pet is $10, and your registration is good for the length of the rabies vaccination.  Pets must be re-registered when rabies vaccinations are updated. Call Town Hall at 252-637-9810 to inquire more information on this topic.
Trash removal services within the Town are a part of the Craven County system.  Trash is picked up every Friday.  Trash pickup requires a $3.00 sticker for each 33 gallon trash bag.  Trash stickers may be purchased at the Town Hall or various other outlets, such as Food Lion, or Harris Teeter.  Trash receptacles (roll out carts/containers) are not provided and their use is optional.   Additionally, refuse may be taken to any Convenience Center located throughout Craven County. For additional information on this topic, please contact Town Hall. 

If you wish to set up garbage service, contact GFL Environmental USA, Inc. at 252-637-0019.

Recyclables are picked up every 4 weeks. A large lime green receptacle will be provided for you (you may call GFL Environmental USA, Inc.  #252-637-0019). A schedule of pick up dates can be found on the GFL website or copies may be picked up at Trent Woods Town Hall.   If your recycle bin contains unacceptable materials (review list), the carrier may refuse to empty because of fines they will be charged. 

Acceptable Recycling Materials
The Town of Trent Woods has 2 parks within the Town.  Meadows Family Park is located on Country Club Drive, and Cottle Park is located on River Road.  They are open from sun-up to sun-set.  Both have a wonderful playground for children. Cottle Park also has a walking path and pickleball courts available on a first-come, first-serve basis.  The pavilions are available for you to use for gatherings. No reservations are required. We ask that no exclusion be made during gatherings; all park guests are welcome at all times the park is open.
No AirBnb is allowed in the Town Of Trent Woods
Yes with regulations, refer to Zoning Ordinance 4.2 Definitions K. Business signs are not allowed outside or in windows.
There are no fence regulations for height or material. If you are in a neighborhood that is has a Homeowner's Association (HOA) check the rules there.
The Homeowner is responsible for driveway culvert maintenance.
The Town does not provide pick up for furniture, large items etc..
Street right away varies, normally it is 30 ft. or 15 feet from the center line.  Looking at the sub-division map will help, but it is best to know is to call Mike Haber, Maintenance Supervisor, at 252-637-9810.
If your street is an NCDOT street you can call 252-649-6550 or call Mike Haber at 252-637-9810.